We are pleased to offer this summary report on the business aspects of Travel.
Travel was one of the first categories to come together in the business world, with IGLTA starting in 1983 by a dedicated group of 25 travel agents and hotel owners, and expanding exponentially as LGBTQ rights and visibility have grown around the world. Other organizations including Community Marketing & Insights (Tom Roth & David Paisley) have taken the lead in bringing networking, education and conference opportunities to the greater LGBTQ and LGBTQ-friendly travel industry, including destinations, hotels, travel agents, tour operators and more. The folks at Hospitable.me, Billy Kolber and Ed Salvato, continue to take the lead in helping companies and destinations understand and navigate the world of diversity & inclusion in the LGBTQ travel world.
In the media space, print publications such as Passport Magazine continue to stay relevant with LGBTQ travelers today. With both a strong print and online presence, as well as outreach via social media, they bring up-to-date LGBTQ travel and destination information to their audience, as does OutTraveler.com, GayTravel.com and more.
LGBTQ travel media is fast becoming dominated by some of the top LGBTQ influencers online, including The Nomadic Boys, @AsianMapleLeaf and a wide variety of others speaking to different niches and styles within the LGBTQ travel community.
Destinations such as Fort Lauderdale, Argentina and Montreal have led the way in LGBTQ marketing outreach, with leaders including Richard Gray, Gustavo Noguera and Pablo de Luca among some of the top individuals working on behalf of destinations seeking to reach the LGBTQ travel community.
Lastly, airlines and hotels have been pioneers in LGBTQ travel, with American Airlines being one of the first members of corporate America to fully embrace the LGBTQ travel community. Today, we have almost all major airlines, as well as hotel chains including Kimpton and Joie de Vivre, making strong outreach to LGBTQ travelers worldwide.
HRC Corporate Equality Index (CEI) 2019 - Companies with a score of 100
Rating Workplaces on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer Equality
"The top-scoring companies on this year's CEI are not only establishing policies that affirm and include employees here in the United States, they are applying these policies to their global operations and impacting millions of people beyond our shores," said HRC President Chad Griffin. "Many of these companies have also become vocal advocates for equality in the public square, including the dozens that have signed on to amicus briefs in vital Supreme Court cases and the more than 180 that have joined HRC's Business Coalition for the Equality Act. Time and again, leading American businesses have shown that protecting their employees and customers from discrimination isn't just the right thing to do - it's also good for business."
- American Airlines - Dallas, TX - (#67 on Fortune 1000)
- Southwest Airlines Co. - Dallas, TX - (#138 on Fortune 1000)
- United Airlines - Chicago, IL - (#100 on Fortune 1000)
- Caesars Entertainment Corp. - Las Vegas, NV - (#541 on Fortune 1000)
- Choice Hotels International Inc. - Rockville, MD
- Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas - Las Vegas, NV
- Hilton Inc. - McLean, VA - (#241 on Fortune 1000)
- Hyatt Hotels Corp. - Chicago, IL - (#552 on Fortune 1000)
- InterContinental Hotels Group Americas - Atlanta, GA
- Kimpton Hotel & Restaurant Group LLC - San Francisco, CA
- Marriott International Inc. - Bethesda, MD - (#163 on Fortune 1000)
- MGM Resorts International - Las Vegas, NV - (#297 on Fortune 1000)
- Quaintance-Weaver Management, LLC - Greensboro, NC
- Wyndham Destinations - Parsippany, NJ - (#461 on Fortune 1000)
- Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Inc. - Parsippany, NJ
- American Express Global Business Travel - Jersey City NJ
- Cargo Transporters Inc. - Claremont, NC
- Carnival Corp. - Miami, FL
- Expedia Group - Bellevue, WA - (#317 on Fortune 1000)
- Hertz Global Holdings Inc. - Estero, FL - (#296 on Fortune 1000)
- Lyft Inc. - San Francisco, CA
HRC CEI 2019 - Companies on list, but under 100
- Alaska Airlines - Seattle, WA - 90 - (#438 on Fortune 1000)
- JetBlue Airways Corp. - Long Island City, NY - 90 - (#403 on Fortune 1000)
- Delta Air Lines Inc. - Atlanta, GA - 85 - (#71 on Fortune 1000)
- Hawaiian Airlines Inc. - Honolulu, HI - 85 - (#819 on Fortune 1000)
- SkyWest Airlines Inc. - St. George, UT - 70
- Virgin America - San Francisco, CA - 65
- Wynn Resorts Ltd. - Las Vegas, NV - 90 - (#548 on Fortune 1000)
- Host Hotels & Resorts Inc. - Bethesda MD - 80 - (#472 on Fortune 1000)
- Tropicana Las Vegas - Las Vegas, NV - 60
- Northfield Park Associates, LLC - Northfield, OH - 55
- SBE - Los Angeles, CA - 50
- Carlson Inc. - Minnetonk, MN - 95
- Enterprise Holdings Inc. - St. Louis, MO - 95
- Avis Budget Group Inc. - Parsippany, NJ - 95 - (#319 on Fortune 1000)
- Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. - Miami, FL - 90
- Ryder System Inc. - Miami, FL - 80 - (#394 on Fortune 1000)
- CSX Corp. - Jacksonville, FL - 70 - (#257 on Fortune 1000)
- Sabre Holdings Inc. - Southlake, TX - 45 - (#668 on Fortune 1000)
- Travelport Ltd. - Parsippany, NJ - 45
Articles & other resources
#ILoveGay Twitter 360° Network
Featuring our Strategy & Focus on LGBTQ and LGBTQ-friendly Travel
Do you have a travel-themed product or service that you'd like to promote to those in the LGBTQ community who have shown an interest in travel online? Let us help you spread the word and increase your organization's online visibility at the same time! Using our #ILoveGay Twitter 360° Network, we're able to bring your message to one of the strongest LGBTQ travel audiences online today, broadcasting your message via our primary Twitter profile in your niche market, @ILoveLGBTTravel. We will also broadcast your message based upon WHERE your business may be focused on at the moment, such as @ILoveGayNYC, @ILoveGayLA or @ILoveGayLondon.
For more specific information on how this program and campaign works, check out our in-depth description here, as well as our market opportunities here. For a little Twitter 101, take a look at this article, as well as our welcome article here.
More In-Depth Info
Pink Banana Media & #ILoveGay Marketing Opportunities in Travel
- LGBTQ Entry Level Opportunities
- LGBTQ Content Marketing
- Our LGBTQ Marketing & Advertising Business Case
- #ILoveGay Travel
Looking to advertise to this target LGBTQ audience? We work with any budgets (starting at $500 per month)... call us at (323) 963-3653 or contact us here to get started.
- Entry-Level, Influencer-Related Marketing Programs & Pricing
- #ILoveGay Twitter 360° Network Package w/Pricing
- Our LGBTQ Marketing & Advertising Services
- LGBTQ Advertising & Media Buying
- LGBTQ Mobile Advertising
We have put together a number of online advertising campaigns that have included LGBTQ Influencers and Bloggers as part of our social media outreach. We have currently teamed up with the following LGBTQ influencers, to help businesses such as yours include these cutting-edge LGBTQ New Media in your current online marketing strategy.
Year-round LGBT promoter of Whistler and beyond
Asian Maple Leaf
a Canadian living in New York. I’m on a journey of self-discovery and adventure
The Travelin' Bum
Everyone has a story... What’s yours?!